Our Neuschwanstein Castle Tour from Munich takes you to a magical place. It’s an unforgettable experience!
Third Reich and Dachau Tour
Gain insight into the Third Reich’s rise to power and visit Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site on this full-day Munich combo tour. Travel to Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany, and explore the memorial site with a guide. Then, learn about the history of Nazi Germany during World War II, and see some of the buildings associated with Adolf Hitler on a walking tour. Round-trip transportation from Munich to Dachau is included.
- Begin your day with a tour guide meet and greet at München Hauptbahnhof, the main railway station in Munich. After boarding a train there, it’s approximately a 30-minute ride north to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour (5 Hours): Arrive at the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany during the Holocaust, which served as a model for the subsequently constructed camps. See the photographs, documents, reconstructed cell blocks, the crematorium and administration headquarters on a tour of both the camp and museum. Find out little-known facts and stories about the Nazis linked to this site, like Heinrich Himmler, the guard who founded the camp. Return to Munich via train, arriving at approximately 2:15pm. You will have a brief break before meeting up for your 3pm walking tour.
- Munich Third Reich Walking Tour (2.5 Hours): After a short break, meet up with your group at a prearranged point in central Munich. During the 2.5-hour Munich Third Reich walking tour, learn about the rise and fall of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany’s Third Reich while visiting many of that period’s important locations.
- Stroll around Munich Old Town to witness the historical sites associated with Nazi Germany. See the building where Hitler first joined the Nazi party, discover the former headquarters of the Gestapo, and visit the place where the Beer Hall Putsch, also known as the Munich Putsch, took place in 1923.
- After 2.5 hours, the tour concludes at Königsplatz, near Munich Central Station.